Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Suicide Girls


While I was reading Janne, Matt, and Laura Durden's posts about "Raunch" Culture I was reminded of the infamous "Suicide Girls."


It is an interesting concept. It's very much like a burlesque show but rather than having the "cookie cutter" American ideal of a perfect woman, they are women of all shapes and sizes. These women are tattooed and pierced from their nipples to there clitori (plural?)

My girlfriends from home are obsessed with the suicide girls. They have the DVDs, books, and of course, their own favorite suicide girl.

One thing I do know about Suicide Girls is that it started out as a very liberating experience for many women but as of late it has been very controversial in terms of ex-suicide girls. It is now a very corrupt "corporation," believe it or not. But regardless, I think it's interesting and you all should check it out.

Alright, see you all in class tomorrow!

No comments: